The primary role of the Clerk is to perform the statutory duties assigned to the position by provincial legislation (the Municipal Act and other related Acts and Regulations) and Council.
The Clerk’s Department delivers the following services:
- Support for the CAO and Town Council
- Organizes meetings of Town Council
- Preparation of Agendas and Minutes; this activity includes scheduling delegations and presentations, compiling correspondence and reports, and preparing by-laws.
- Provides easy public access to Council’s decision-making processes and information through publication of agendas and minutes and related information to the Town of Ingersoll web site
- Records proceedings of all Council meetings
- Ensures that Council decisions are communicated as required, in a timely manner, and gives notice to affected parties as required by statute, ie. Planning Act Notices.
- Processes appeals received under the Planning Act. This activity is a coordinated effort between the Clerk’s Department and Planning Department which requires the compilation of several records and preparation of various declarations for submission to the Ontario Municipal Board.
- Managing, organizing and conducting the Municipal Election
- Overseeing the organization, retention, and disposition of Town records
- Processing Vital Statistics information (such as death registrations and marriage licences)
- Processing Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy access requests
- Licencing for Marriage, Lottery, Transient Traders, Mobile Lunch Wagons
Town of Ingersoll
130 Oxford Street, 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, ON N5C 2V5
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:30- 4:30 (excluding holidays)
|| Michael Graves
| Deputy Clerk
|| Ann Wright
| Paula Toft
|Human Resource Coordinator