Downtown Facade Improvement Program
Ingersoll believes that our historic downtown is a valuable resource worth preserving. The purpose of the Facade Improvement Program is to improve the retail marketplace and to encourage the preservation and rehabilitation of historically significant structures in the dowtown core of Ingersoll.
- Program is a combination of interest free loan and grant.
- Cost of facade improvements are eligible to 50% of approved expenditures to a maximum of $4,000.00 per project.
- Cost of signage improvements is eligible to 50% of approved expenditures to a maximum of $1,000.00 per project.
- The loans are to be repaid in four equal annual payments, unless alternate arrangements are made that are acceptable to the committee.
- If the first three annual payments are made on time and without default then the fourth payment will be recognized as a grant and forgiven.
- If any payments are not made as agreed, then at the discretion of the committee all amounts outstanding will become due and payable.
Applicants who wish to apply will fill out an application that will be reviewed by the Downtown Revitalization Committee who will base their decision on established design themes and colour pallets. Once approved by the Committee the applicant will be reimbursed when copies of paid invoices are presented to the Committee.
Downtown Facade Guidelines and Application Form (PDF)
Guidelines for Facade Improvement Program (PDF)
The goals of the Ingersoll BIA are:
- To be a professional organization that advocates for and reflects the interests of its members and the community-at-large.
- To market Downtown Ingersoll as the commercial and residential place to be.
- To help define Ingersoll’s identity.
- To represent our membership through effective communications at all levels from local to national.
- To oversee the improvement, beautification and maintenance of municipally-owned land, buildings and structures in the area and beyond.
- To help create and maintain a more vibrant and viable economic environment