Ingersoll Renewable and Alternative Energy Strategy 2009 - 2014
ERTH Corporation staff and Town of Ingersoll staff started meeting in March 2009 to begin to put together a strategy which would mutually benefit everyone. After meetings with Education, the German Chamber Industry Chamber of Commerce, MEDT and other private business and government officials, the strategy increased in nature and added partners joined the group. This included Menova Energy Inc, Conestoga College, University of Toronto, Intech Clean Energy Inc. and others. This has become very much a community driven steering committee.
The overall main goals of the Renewable and Alternative Energy strategy are:
- To create renewable and alternative energy opportunities in Ingersoll
- To create jobs for rural and urban areas in and surrounding Ingersoll
The Secondary Sub Goals are:
- Attract a renewable energy manufacturer(s) to Ingersoll. This includes looking at the feasibility of solar cluster development for the Clarke Road Industrial Park or other areas in Ingersoll.
- Explore the construction of renewable energy projects on town owned land and/or buildings
- Explore existing companies in Ingersoll who could provide expansion and diversifications opportunities
- Open up opportunity for ground mount and roof top solar construction for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Properties
- Work with Conestoga College, the University of Toronto and others to develop curriculum around renewable energy and R&D which can be delivered at the ‘Ingersoll Skills Training Centre’ and other locations
- To develop partnerships who will bring a variety of options, opportunities and investment. This will include meeting with local power authorities for materials, servicing and installation etc
- To develop opportunities for local farmers who wish look at renewable and alternative energy options
Resolution Supporting Rooftop Solar Initiatives
- Ontario’s energy costs are lower than Michigan and Ohio’s rates
Other Projects, Initiatives and Links