NavigationExplore left columnExplore content areaExplore footer area

Ingersoll logo


Couples wishing to be married in Ontario are required to complete an application form which must be signed by both individuals getting married. The licence is valid anywhere in Ontario.

Marriage Licence Application

The application with the supporting documents listed below must be submitted in person by the bride and/or bridegroom to the marriage licence issuer. Although it is not required by law both parties are encouraged to attend when obtaining a marriage licence. The marriage licence will be issued the same day providing all documentation is complete. Applications are to be submitted to a Licence Issuer in the Clerk's Department at the Town Hall Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Supporting Documentation


Two (2) pieces of identification must be provided for each applicant including: an original Birth Certificate or Passport and a piece of government issued photo identification such as a current driver’s licence or current passport.

Please note that the original Birth Certificate and a piece of government issued photo identification are required for both applicants even if only one of the applicants is submitting the Marriage Licence Application.

Documents in a language other than English or French must be translated by a certified translator.


Applicants 16 or 17 years of age require parental consent. A form (Form 6) must be completed and signed by both parents/guardian(s). Contact our office for further information.


If a previous marriage was dissolved or annulled within Canada, the ORIGINAL or COURT CERTIFIED copy (NOT photo copies) of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce must be shown to the issuer. Please note that a Judgement issued by the Court is not acceptable proof of divorce.

A legal opinion of an Ontario solicitor, addressed to both applicants, that the divorce or annulment would be recognized in Ontario. A Statement of Sole Responsibility must be included with all other documentation.


You may purchase your marriage licence a maximum of 3 months prior to your proposed wedding date. If the licence expires, it will not be valid and you will have to purchase another licence.


Wedding vows can now be exchanged at the Ingersoll Town Hall. The simple, dignified and non-denominational wedding ceremony conducted by the Town Clerk or designate.


$200.00 (in Town Hall, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.)

To book your upcoming Civil Wedding Ceremony or for more information, please call (519) 485-0120 or e-mail the Clerk's Department at

Sample Civil Marriage Ceremony

Plan your wedding in Ingersoll and receive your wedding licence for free! The cost for the Marriage Licence will be reimbursed for couples who spend a total of $800.00 at four or more businesses in the Ingersoll Weddings Group. Please submit your completed Incentive Program Form along with proof of purchase to the Ingersoll Town Hall:

Ingersoll Town Hall
130 Oxford Street
Ingersoll, ON
N5C 2V5

Attention: Ingersoll Weddings Group Incentive Program

For more information about the Ingersoll Weddings Incentive Program, please contact Kale Brown, Director of Economic Development by email at or by phone at (519) 485-0120 ext, 2225.


Please visit the Ingersoll Weddings Group website at for further details.


Contact Information

Clerk's Department
Ingersoll Town Hall
130 Oxford Street, Ingersoll
Tel: 519-485-0120

Ingersoll - our heritage, your future




130 Oxford Street (2nd Floor)
Ingersoll, ON
N5C 2V5 

Business hours are Monday to

Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm

Latest Tweets

© 2014 The Corporation of the Town of Ingersoll - Website Designed by Akira Studio Ltd.