Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Applications, Licenses and Permits

There are certain instances where you will need an application, license or permit in order to comply with the Town’s by-laws. The most commonly requested forms are listed below along with important information for each one.

Please visit Complete List for All Applications , Licenses and Permits licenses and permits. To view a comprehensive list of all of the Town’s applications, licenses and permits not listed in below.

A Building/Demolition Permit Application can be obtained online, or at the Ingersoll Town Hall located at 130 Oxford St., Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Presently Marriage Ceremonies are on hold due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. 

Marriage Licence Requests will be assessed on an individual basis.  Email: [email protected]

The Town of Ingersoll performs Civil Wedding Ceremonies.

The Clerk or an appointed deputy may perform civil wedding ceremonies in the Town Centre, Council Chambers, at 130 Oxford Street in Ingersoll, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (holidays excluded) for a fee of $250.00+HST. For information see Civil Marriage Package.

All dogs in the Town of Ingersoll must be licensed and wear the tag, even if you are simply looking after the dog. Complete the Dog License Application.

Marriage Licence Application Requests will be processed for local residents only until further notice.   Email: [email protected]

Marriage Licenses are issued at the Town Hall located at 130 Oxford St, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

The cost for a Marriage License is $110. Payment can be made by cash or by Interac.

Marriage License Application

Follow these steps to apply for a marriage license:

  • Fill out a Marriage License Application Form.
  • Both parties must sign the application.
  • Gather identification documents for you and your partner and, if it applies, proof of divorce.
  • Bring the application form and original documents to Town Hall. Please allow one hour for processing.
  • Pay the $110 application fee.

Age Restrictions

You must be at least 16 years old to get married in Ontario.

Under 18 years old: If you are 16 or 17 years of age and wish to marry you will need written consent from your parents or legal guardians. You can obtain the required consent form from the Ingersoll Town Hall Office.

Required Identification

Two pieces of original valid identification for both parties are required. Photocopies will not be accepted. If any of your identification is in a language other than English or French, you must present it with an official translation of the document.

The first piece of identification must be any of the following:

  • a government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
  • a valid passport
  • a record of immigrant landing
  • a Canadian citizenship card

The second piece of identification must be in the form of government-issued photo identification, including:

  • a valid driver’s license
  • a valid passport
  • a valid Ontario Photo Card
  • a BYID age-of-majority-card

**Health cards are not accepted as identification

If You Are Divorced

If one or both of the applicants applying for a Marriage License has been divorced and the divorce was granted in Canada, the original or a certified true copy of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce must be provided. Divorce Judgments will not be accepted.

Divorces granted outside of Canada require Registrar General authorization. Contact Service Ontario for more information.

If one or both of the applicants are widowed, a copy of the Death Certificate is required.

County planning staff are at the Town Hall on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to discuss your project.

Planning staff can provide professional advice and recommendations for your Minor Variance Application.

The purpose of the Site Plan Control approval process is to:

  • Ensure development enhances and is compatible with the surrounding area in terms of character, use and scale.
  • Present a favourable image of the Town to visitors, potential investors and residents.
  • Contribute to a safe, functional and visually attractive built environment for all users.
  • Ensure the development is compatible with the natural environment of both the surrounding area and downstream areas.
  • Ensure that the Towns technical requirements (Engineering, Planning, Recreation, Fire, Building, Public Works) are satisfied.

Applicants are encouraged to review the Site Plan Approval Guidelines prior to submitting a Site Plan Application Form. If you require further assistance please contact the Town Hall at 519-485-0120.

County planning staff are at the Town Hall on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to discuss your project. Zone Change Application Form

Complete List for All Applications, Licenses and Permits

Subscribe For Updates

Subscribe For Updates