The Town of Ingersoll is organized into the following departments:
Operation of the Town Hall is based on a Chief Administrative Officer (C.A.O.) structure. CAO William Tigert oversees administration of the Town with the assistance of eight department heads who oversee the various activities within the Town.
William is committed to understanding what residents of our town want and need – so if you have an idea or a concern you want to share with him, he invites you to contact him.
The primary role of the Clerk is to perform the statutory duties assigned to the position by provincial legislation (the Municipal Act and other related Acts and Regulations) and Council.
The Clerk’s Department delivers the following services:
- Support for the CAO and Town Council
- Organizes meetings of Town Council
- Preparation of Agendas and Minutes; this activity includes scheduling delegations and presentations, compiling correspondence and reports, and preparing by-laws.
- Provides easy public access to Council’s decision-making processes and information through publication of agendas and minutes and related information to the Town of Ingersoll web site
- Records proceedings of all Council meetings
- Ensures that Council decisions are communicated as required, in a timely manner, and gives notice to affected parties as required by statute, ie. Planning Act Notices.
- Processes appeals received under the Planning Act. This activity is a coordinated effort between the Clerk’s Department and Planning Department which requires the compilation of several records and preparation of various declarations for submission to the Ontario Municipal Board.
- Managing, organizing and conducting the Municipal Election
- Overseeing the organization, retention, and disposition of Town records
- Processing Vital Statistics information (such as death registrations and marriage licences)
- Processing Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy access requests
- Licencing for Marriage, Lottery, Transient Traders, Mobile Lunch Wagons
- Officiate Civil Marriages
- Recieve and process Freedom of Information Requests
- Oversee the Town’s Crossing Guard Program
Town of Ingersoll
130 Oxford Street, 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, ON N5C 2V5
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:30- 4:30 (excluding holidays)
|General Inquires||519-485-0120||Email General Enquiries|
|Clerk||Michael Graves||519-485-0120 ext. 2222||Email Clerk|
|Deputy Clerk/ Executive Assistant Crossing Guard Supervisor||Danielle Richard||519-485-0120 ext. 2261||Email Deputy Clerk|
|Records Coordinator / Administrative Assistant Wedding Officiant||Paula Toft||519-485-0120 ext. 2260||Email Records Coordinator|
|Human Resource Coordinator||Monique Ellis||519-485-0120 ext. 2238||Email Human Resource Coordinator|
|Administrative Assistant||Gina Armand||519-485-0120 ext. 2221||Email Human Resource Coordinator|
Victoria Park Community Centre
355 Wellington St
Monday to Thursday 5:30am – 9:00pm
Saturday (September – June) 6:00am – 6:00pm / Saturday (July – August) 7:30am – 3:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Ingersoll District Memorial Arena
97 Mutual St
Office Hours – Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Fusion Youth Activity & Technology Centre
121 Thames St N
Office Hours – Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:00pm
Youth Centre Hours
Monday to Thursday 2:30pm-9:00pm
Friday 2:30pm – 11:00pm
Saturday 1:00pm – 11:00pm
Director of Community Services
355 Wellington St, Ingersoll, ON N5C 1T2
Manager of Fusion Youth Activity and Technology Centre
121 Thames St N, Ingersoll, ON N5C 3C9
Manager of Parks
269 Ingersoll Street S, Ingersoll, ON N5C 3J7
Recreation Program Manager
355 Wellington St, Ingersoll, ON N5C 1T2
355 Wellington St, Ingersoll ON N5C 1T2
Manager of Facility Operations
97 Mutual St, Ingersoll, ON N5C 1S6
The department is responsible for the design and administration of capital projects including construction or reconstruction of roads, bridges and culverts, sidewalks, storm sewers, survey and inspection activities for department and corporate needs, project management and engineering services relating to the promotion of safe and efficient movement of people and goods, parking lot operations and street lighting.
Engineering Services is responsible for the Town’s Asset Management and Tangible Capital Assets. It maintains an inventory of infrastructure (digital and spatial) to assist with long-term capital planning including recommending preventive maintenance programs, prioritizing capital programs and monitoring activities that relate to the acquisition, maintenance and renewal of infrastructure, and assessing condition of infrastructure to determine the most cost effective alternatives (i.e. replacement, rehabilitation, maintenance) to achieve sustainable infrastructure management.
Engineering Services is responsible for the review and approval of all proposed subdivision plans to ensure conformance to Town Standards and that proper drainage standards are met, site plans and municipal consents (approval for utility locations). Staff reviews and comments on applications for Official Plan Amendment, Zone Change, Consents, Minor Variances and By-Law changes or amendments.
Staff provides locate services for storm sewers through requests for locates from Ontario One Call. By issuing Municipal Consents through Engineering Services for all utilities located within the municipal right-of-way the Town ensures that its responsibility for the management of the right-of-way is intact.
Through an agreement with the County of Oxford we provide design and administration for the construction or re-construction of sanitary sewers, watermain and roads owned by the County.
Engineering Services in co-operation with the Upper Thames River Conservation Authority continues to monitor water levels in the creeks and streams and monitors rain gauges to ensure that our Stormwater Management Strategy is current.
130 Oxford St., 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, ON N5C 2V5
Email Engineering Services
The Treasury Department provides a variety of services to the Municipality. These services include the following:
Treasury and Financial Services
- Manage all Financial matters of the Town as directed by the Town Council including preparation of all Financial Statements
- Corporate Accounting Services and internal control systems
- Financial Reporting which fulfills the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) Standards
- Preparation of Annual Capital and Operating Budgets
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
- Property Tax, Billing and Collection, Taxation Policy and advice to Council, Related boards and staff,
- Financial Services including financial planning to ensure long-term financial sustainability,
- Cash Management including Administration of debt and investments
- Development Charges
Other Services include the following:
- Payroll and Human Resources Services
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Special Projects, Municipal Performance Measurement program (MPMP), Dog Tags and Animal Control
|Iryna Koval||Director of Finance/Treasurer||130 Oxford St, 2nd Floor Ingersoll, ON N5C 2V5||519-485-0120 ext 2227||Email Director Of Finance|
|Joyce McAndrew||Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector||519-485-0120 ext 2226||Email Deputy Treasurer|
|Kexin Lu||Accounting Clerk/Accounts Payable||519-485-0120 ext 2262||Email Accounting Clerk|
|Tracy Likins||Accounts Receivable/Tax Clerk||519-485-0120 ext 2228||Email Accounts Receivable|