Downtown Facade Improvement Program
Ingersoll believes that our historic downtown is a valuable resource worth preserving. The purpose of the Facade Improvement Program is to improve the retail marketplace and encourage the preservation and rehabilitation of historically significant structures in the downtown core of Ingersoll.
- Program is a combination of interest-free loan and grant
- Cost of facade improvements are eligible to 50% of approved expenditures to a maximum of $3,000.00 per project
- Cost of signage improvements is eligible to 50% of approved expenditures to a maximum of $500.00 per project
- The loans are to be repaid in four equal annual payments, unless alternate arrangements are made that are acceptable to the committee
- If the first three annual payments are made on time and without default then the fourth payment will be recognized as a grant and forgiven
- If any payments are not made as agreed, then at the discretion of the committee all amounts outstanding will become due and payable
Applicants wishing to apply are asked to fill out an application that will be reviewed by the Downtown Revitalization Committee, who will base their decision on established design themes and colour pallets. Once approved by the Committee, the applicant will be reimbursed when copies of paid invoices are presented to the Committee.
- opens in a new windowDowntown Facade Guideline & Application Form
- opens in a new windowGuidelines for Facade Improvement Program